NEXT LAUNCHER ULTIMATE - ONLINE EDITION v15
Next Launcher is a game launching organiser,
which revolutionises the way you manage your ZX Spectrum Next games collection.
Now with 3,000 editable game slots, Internet integration, & a host of features with a fully customisable
front end. As a result of feedback, this version is now a fast Lite
distribution, with the previous features and media (music, wallpaper etc.)
available as optional extra downloads. Next Launcher is the ultimate menu tool
for the Spectrum Next. Help and Support with Launcher products available from
our Facebook group too!!
This software has been developed over many hours
and available for you as a unrestricted download for you for FREE.
If you intend to use
this Software, we ask you to consider a donation of your choosing to our Cancer
for vital research. It is for the greater good, for everyone.
1 in 3 of us will get cancer in our
lifetime, your donation will
help to beat it. Your Donation,
however small, to Cancer
Research via this link is my inspiration to develop great Spectrum software
for you - while keeping our retro community healthy as we grow old.
We raised 1,000 pounds in 2023.. Every little bit helps!
* Search and
download games directly into Launcher
* Automatic organisation of downloaded games saved in downloads within
alphabetically ordered folders.
* Expanded to 3,000 game slots. Organise your games and files in any
order you please.
* Faster boot up ** Press any key
during Launcher start up or disable boot up screen for quick access
* Auto complete of naming files now when adding games. Makes for faster
* Check-up Utility tool ** Should you
have Launcher issues, available from the settings menu
* Both SCR & BMP formats supported for the loading screen backdrop
* Hardware support ** Game Loading
Mouse & ZX Retro Wireless
* Mouse controllable game menu **
Added alongside joystick and curser keys
* Reduced overall file size ** Lite
Launcher version - expandable with plug-ins and updates.
* Advanced delete function ** Remove
pages altogether, or single shortcuts
* Organise games, tools and
documents with ease. Says goodbye to a disorganised SD card
* Assign games in the menu slots by browsing the SD Card or now download
directly online. ** Configured
and working Wi-Fi card required.
* Organise your menus how you want them
Categorise your games, applications, utilities or documents whatever the format.
* Customisable ** From
wallpapers, boot screens and colour schemes with a choice of colour
with more available to download, or add your own.
* Launcher hardware products support **such
as the Game loading Mouse & ZX Retro Wireless.
Load Tape games with the new retro way!
* Direct online Launcher updates **
Stay up-to-date with the latest features and bug fixes.
* Improved News ticker ** Get the
latest Next News and updates on Launcher.
* Flexible game management ** Move
games & menus and create quick links between banks and menus
* Music Xtream downloader PT3 player
Creates background music for your Launcher experience
pick from thousands of PT3 tunes
online, easy from the settings menu
* Enable/Disable Launcher on boot **
Choose to have Launcher starts on boot or select from the Next Browser menu.
* Clear instruction guide **
Updated Launcher User manual, featuring a Q&A section and Key Map to get you
gaming with ease
Updated with fixes
* Improved file
* ZX NEXT OS version checker updated for KS2 and KS1, NGO and XBerry devices.
* Removed excess wallpapers, screensavers for Lite version (available as
* Removed Watch and QR TV from default distribution and large catalogue of
wallpapers, (available as optional downloads).
* Fixed colour clash text on wallpapers during preview and boot screen.
* Clearer font for menus where required & more readable news ticker.
* About screen: Returns to Launcher instead of quitting altogether.
* Music Xtream: Setting pre-saved issue as fixed.
* Improved keymap
* Improved setup process with new Settings screen and Wi-Fi setup option.
* Improved Setup-instructions in PDF format and updated next readable manual
Next Launcher Ultimate Online Edition
Launcher Wallpaper Pack
update, click HERE
Launcher boot screens art pack 1, art
pack 2 and art
pack 3. Note: art pack v3
and above are only compatible with Launcher v15.x and above
folders in the Launcher\wallpaper directory after you installed or upgraded the
Change boot screen Shift B, or Change Launcher wallpaper Shift W
information on our Facebook page
As Launcher projects
have grown so has the team who have contributed to the success of the projects I
created. I want to acknowledge the exceptional people who have given up their
time (past and present) and influenced or been part of the software and hardware
projects that have come about. My heartfelt thanks to you all....
Allan Johnstone - Facebook moderator,
beta testing, hardware builder and documentation
Dean Woodyatt - Hardware PCB designer, and brainstorming
Bret Pritchard - Beta testing, and video demonstrations
Justin Smith - Beta tester
Michael Markowski - Facebook moderator
Dave Sonic Clarke - Web coding, and Hosting back end
Jarda Novotnej - Graphics specialist
Nick O'Carroll - Retro Musician
Alan Robinson - Beta tester
Matthew Preston - Beta testing (Retired)
Assisting with features past and recent:
HTTP Internet device driver & API
for the game downloads.
Miroslav Bursa (Shrek/MB Maniax)
WC WIFI card config driver
Tape2Tap & NextServer
Use of PT3 & fsize device drivers
Ilya Nikishin (Caliph)
"Classic World2" music
ZX Spectrum Gamer- Implementing multi speed support for ZX Retro Wireless/Game
Goran Devic, Baltazr Studios
- PlayZx- Implementing multi speed
support for ZX Retro Wireless/Game loading mouse
ZX Tape Player - ZXTunes com - PT3 Specy archive
68k News - Multi-regional news back end for Next News Headlines
Inspiring me to up my game: